Monday, June 21, 2010

There's a secret?


I came home today completely disgusted from my tournament results thus far and with a love /hate relationship with poker.

My moral was way down... So I grabbed a copy of "the Secret". For those who do not know what it is, "The Secret" is a book on positive mind set. It teaches you how to make your dreams come true through the laws of attraction. I read it before but it's been quite a while ago and felt I could use some reading on positivism. I am 2 chapter in and it totally works! I can see that I was looking at things from the wrong angles!

Here are a few quotes on the subject that I think you guys might like:

"If you are gonna be thinking anyway, you may as well think big". ~Donald Trump

"A man is the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes". ~Gandhi

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was
started with a dream and a mouse". ~Walt Disney

"Everything you can imagine is real". ~Pablo Picasso

"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you". ~Oprah

"I dream for a living" ~Steven Spielberg

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance". ~Oscar Wilde

"The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do". ~Steve Jobs (co founder Apple Inc.)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". ~Ann Frank

"Just play, have fun. Enjoy the game" ~Michael Jordan

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right". ~Henry Ford

"No matter how hard the past, one can always begin again today". ~Buddha


Now that I am getting all pumped up again, I will play some satellites tomorrow and kick some major ass at poker in the weeks to come!

I am sooo reading the whole book!

1 comment:

  1. some of my favorites

    "But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward." ~Rocky Balboa

    "we must transcend the places that hold us" ~Rubin Hurricane Carter

    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. " ~Calvin Coolidge

    "If what you did yesterday still seems important, you haven't done much today." ~Lou Holtz

    ReplyDelete