Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!



What a busy week!

Last weekend was mainly focused on ladies events so my friend Doralee Rae (aka Lady Pink) decided to throw a party for all of the gals at her fabulous house on Monday night after all the ladies events were over. It was a lady’s only evening and everyone had to wear pink. All I can say is that girl sure knows how to host a party! Wow! She had lots of food and a full bar with fancy drinks for everyone, really hot cabana boys in jeans, black camisoles and pink cowboy hats to serve us. Marcos Questas and Ruta Maria came over to do a Tango demonstration. Doralee read us a special poem that she wrote for poker. It was also perfect timing to celebrate Stacy Nutini's victory as she won the Ladies LIPS Championship the night before... way to go Stacy! It was so nice to catch up with all the ladies in a different setting than poker.

This week was also my birthday!
I turned 22 years old for the 16th time! :)
I was not planning on celebrating since my focus was mainly on poker as I was playing the $1500 No Limit Hold'em event #30 at WSOP on the day of. However, the night before I ended up going out with friends to a last minute birthday dinner at Yard House in Town Square. I was actually surprised, being last minute and in the middle of the WSOP that most of them could make it! The food was good, the company was great and to my surprise there was a vegan cake made for me! It was awesome!





I was playing the WSOP on the very day of my birthday. Everything was going smoothly and I built up my stack pretty high. I had around 30 to 40 big blinds for most of the tournament and birthday luck was on my side. Unfortunately, I got crippled in one of the last levels of the day with KK vs 1010 all in pre-flop. He flopped a set and I was left short stack. I then got a table change, which I must say was one of the most fun tables I have played in a long time. Everyone was friendly and joking around which is great to see at the end of the night. I played short stack strategy and survived for quite a while as nobody ever called me when I went all in. During the last level of the night my birthday luck left me and I got knock out after 12 hours of play at 335th out of 2394 players. Unfortunately they were paying only 243 players.





It's getting a little frustrating for me as I have been getting deep in every single event I played only to bust in the very end of the day, close to the money. I believe that if lady luck would be on my side a little more I would do amazing and get to the final table. I have been playing really good, but getting really unlucky in those late levels. I actually feel the Phil Hellmuth quote: "If there weren't luck involved, I would win every time."

I am gonna take a few days off to refocus and prepare myself for the next tournament. Until then I will be playing cash games & satellites, going to yoga and having some ME time!

No comments:

Post a Comment