Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Being distracted




What was I saying in my last blog about being focused? Yeah... right. With friend's visiting last week followed by Halloween parties I have totally been exhausted and my poker has not been as lucrative as it usually is. Hopefully by the end of the week I can find my "mojo" again and start kicking butt at the tables like I usually do!

I have to admit, I did have a great time last week though. Sometimes it is needed to take a break and have fun. As long as it is not an everyday thing, there is nothing wrong with that!

I had a friend visiting during the middle of last week and we went to see the show "Elvis" at Aria by Cirque du Soleil. I actually thought it was a fantastic show. It was not like the other cirques, most of the costumes where 60's era looking and it felt more like a musical. Some of the scenes had outstanding acrobatic performances and the staging was really phenomenal. It is in my top 3 favorite shows in Las Vegas for sure.

Halloween was also over the weekend. I went with Mike Matusow to his friend’s house party. He was dressed as the crazy cat lady (For those who do not know, Mike now owns 4 cats, so the costume was just absolutely appropriate!) Three of us girls were dressed as his sexy kittens. We had a limo taking us around and we had a really fun night. Halloween has to be my favorite holiday of all. It is just so fun to see all the costumes and it seems like because people are dressed up, they are in a better mood. Everyone forgets about their problems and makes it a point to have fun on that night!

I was gonna go to L.A. this week and play the NAPT, but had a change of heart. For me to satellite and play in big buy-in tournaments, I need to be extremely focused. Unfortunately, as much fun as last week was, I do not feel like this week is my best week for that! So I am gonna stay in Vegas, which is fine since the Deepstacks have also started at the Venetian, therefore the cash games are gonna be pretty good. I will also probably play a few of their tourneys in the coming weeks; starting with the one this Thursday. Good luck me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment